Driver Seriously Injured in Burlington QEW Crash
A driver has “very serious” injuries in a crash which closed the QEW in Burlington on Tuesday morning.
The single-vehicle crash took place just before 11 a.m. and involves one driver who was trapped, said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
It’s in the eastbound lanes just past Burloak Dr.
Burlington OPP are on scene and the provincial collision investigation team has been called in, said Schmidt, adding the closure will likely take “several hours.”
Emergency crews “are still responding to the scene,” he said around 11:15 a.m.
The eastbound QEW is closed at Burloak.
“Westbound lanes will remain open at this time,” Schmidt said.
Paramedics are treating one patient.
File photo courtesy of OPP
UPDATE: All eastbound lanes have opened.
- Burlington bakery under fire (again) after Blackout Tuesday response
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Burlington City Council votes to modify parks and beach operations amid COVID-19