Drunk Driver Arrested in Burlington Was at Least 3.5 Times Over Limit: Police
A 42-year-old Burlington man is facing drunk driving charges after being involved in a crash with another vehicle in the southeast end of the city.
The call came in on July 16 from Spruce Ave. and Kenwood Ave. at 8:25 p.m.
That’s a residential area south of New St. between Appleby Line and Burloak Dr.
The suspect was driving a grey Pontiac Sunfire, said Halton police Sgt. Barry Malciw.
The Sunfire collided with another vehicle — the other driver believed the man was intoxicated and phoned 911.
The suspect tested more than 3.5 times the legal limit, say police.
No injuries were reported.
The man is charged with driving with more than 80 mgs of alcohol in blood and driving while impaired.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
- Update: Oakville doctor arrested again for sexual assault
- One person injured during interaction with police in Oakville
- House of the Week: Living in luxury in rural Halton Hills
- Drunk Driver Arrested in Milton Was at Least 3.5 Times Over Limit: Police
- Drunk Driver Arrested in Halton Hills Was 2.5 Times Over Limit
- Underage Teen Caught Driving Drunk in Burlington
- Suspect Facing Charges After Driving Vehicle Onto a Milton Golf Course
- Suspect Charged for Impaired Driving in Milton