Drunk Driver Arrested in Burlington Was at Least 3.5 Times Over Limit: Police
A 42-year-old Burlington man is facing drunk driving charges after being involved in a crash with another vehicle in the southeast end of the city.
The call came in on July 16 from Spruce Ave. and Kenwood Ave. at 8:25 p.m.
That’s a residential area south of New St. between Appleby Line and Burloak Dr.
The suspect was driving a grey Pontiac Sunfire, said Halton police Sgt. Barry Malciw.
The Sunfire collided with another vehicle — the other driver believed the man was intoxicated and phoned 911.
The suspect tested more than 3.5 times the legal limit, say police.
No injuries were reported.
The man is charged with driving with more than 80 mgs of alcohol in blood and driving while impaired.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Two Suspects Sought Following Cheese Wheel Theft at Fortinos in Burlington
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Halton
- PHOTOS: Driving Caught Travelling at High Speed on Rural Road in Halton
- Police Investigating Alleged Assault at Walmart in Milton
- Drunk Driver Arrested in Milton Was at Least 3.5 Times Over Limit: Police
- Drunk Driver Arrested in Halton Hills Was 2.5 Times Over Limit
- Underage Teen Caught Driving Drunk in Burlington
- Suspects Switched Seats in Burlington Drunk Driving Crash: Police
- Milton Dad Charged for Impaired Driving Had Child in Car