Drunk Driver Arrested in Halton Hills Was 2.5 Times Over Limit
by Kelly Roche on July 10, 2017
A 40-year-old Ajax man is facing drunk driving charges after Halton police nabbed him in Halton Hills with a blood alcohol level two-and-a-half times over the legal limit.
The incident took place in Georgetown at Mountainview Rd. N. at Guelph St. around 1 a.m. on July 9.
A black Infiniti SUV was stopped following a complaint by a citizen who phoned 911.
The man fled but police caught him.
No injuries were reported.
The suspect is charged with driving with more than 80 mgs of alcohol in blood, driving while ability impaired, adult resist arrest, adult flight while pursued by peace officer.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election
- Justin Trudeau appears at campaign rally in Milton