Electronic junk can be disposed of in Burlington this weekend
Published October 17, 2023 at 10:01 am
Here’s your chance to get rid of all your electronic junk.
Burlington residents can drop off e-waste for recycling this Saturday, Oct. 21 at Burlington Centre Mall.
This zero-waste event, which runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., is presented by BurlingtonGreen along with the operators of the mall which is located 777 Guelph Line.
The Electronic Recycling Association (ERA) will be on-site to collect the items as well as bins from TerraCycle will be where you can place items that are not usually accepted through regular municipal recycling.
As well, members of the Burlington Repair Cafe will be available to assist with small repairs to household items.
“The goal for all of this is to keep these electronic items away from landfill which is a good way to treat our environment,” said a spokesperson for BurlingtonGreen.
Some of the items that you will be able to dispose of include:
- consumer electronics (gaming consoles, iPods, etc.)
- computers ( PC & Mac, monitors. parts, motherboards)
- handheld devices (smartphones, cell phones, tablets, etc.)
- phone systems, racks & miscellaneous (server racks, lab equipment, disc arrays, etc.)
- printers (inkjet and laserjet, plotters, copiers, scanners, fax machines, etc.)
- peripherals (keyboards, mice, CD/DVD roms, cards, accessories, etc.)
- software ( operating system, editing, design, etc.)
- specialty items (Cisco networking, switches, routers, etc.)
- TVs (not heavy ones)
- coffee makers or other small home appliances
- personal appliances ex: electric toothbrushes or razors