Emergency Repairs Needed on Burlington Canal Lift Bridge
Drivers are being advised of lane closures on the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge starting Wednesday.
Lanes on the bridge are scheduled to be reduced from Wednesday, Nov. 22 until Thursday, Nov. 24. from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. daily.
Rush hour disruptions will be minimized, according to the federal government.
Motorists will experience lane closures in both directions.
Keep in mind that a lane will be open in both directions at all times and there will be no lane closures during peak times.
The bridge will remain open to cyclists and pedestrians as usual.
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) encourages users to exercise caution when travelling on the bridge and is thanking them for their patience.
- COVID closes restaurants in Burlington and Milton
- Frost advisory in effect for Burlington, Oakville, Milton
- Group of Emily Carr students told to self isolate due to COVID
- Hospital workers’ union concerned with Ford’s COVID-19 pharmacy testing plan
- Burlington man faces bank robbery charge after chase