Excessive Rain and Flooding Possible in Halton
A flood outlook has been issued for Oakville, Burlington, Milton and surrounding cities.
Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) recently announced that Environment Canada is forecasting the possibility of scattered thunderstorms this afternoon.
CVC says localized thunderstorms are capable of producing torrential downpours of up to 50 mm over a short period of time.
"The threat of localized thunderstorms (up to 25 mm) will continue into Tuesday. On Wednesday, widespread showers and thunderstorms can bring additional 10 to 20 mm of rain," CVC says.
"While flooding of the Credit River and its major tributaries is not expected, intense rainfall associated with thunderstorms can cause flash floods in urban areas."
CVC warns that local streams and rivers could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.
Children should be warned to stay away from all watercourses.
- This Burlington Gem is Set to Close This Month
- Halton Police Searching for Two Suspects Following Pick Pocket Incident in Burlington With Elderly Victim
- A New Tax is Coming to the Town of Oakville
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Oakville Superstore Incident
- This New Restaurant in the GTA May Just be the Next Italian Hot Spot