Extreme Cold Weather in the Forecast for Halton
If there was any doubt that winter is coming, tonight's frigid temperatures will make that more than apparent.
According to a recent Environment Canada forecast, temperatures in Halton (Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills) are set to hit -12 tonight, but will feel like -20 with the wind chill.
According to Environment Canada, residents can expect high winds and a very cold afternoon (not to mention a brutally cold night).
There's also a 60 per cent chance of flurries this evening.
So, what are some good cold weather tips to keep in mind?
- Stay indoors as much as possible.
- Plan ahead by checking the weather forecast before heading out.
- Dress to suit the weather. Wear multiple layers of loose fitting clothes, (including a hat, scarf and mittens) and cover up as much exposed skin as possible.
- Drink warm fluids but avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages as they cause your body to lose heat more rapidly.
- Reschedule or plan outdoor activities for another day.
Residents should also note that frigid temperatures are also unsafe for animals, so all pets should be kept inside as much as possible.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pair lauded for efforts to thwart 'porch pirates'
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Three suspects flee bank robbery in Georgetown
- Report finds employed Ontarians can't afford to eat