Extreme Weather Could Hit Halton This Weekend
Better bring out your sunscreen…and your umbrella?
As we gear up for weekends this summer, it’s always good to be prepared for what this wild Canadian weather has in store for us next.
Here in Halton, we could be in for some very interesting weekend weather.
First and foremost, it’s supposed to feel like 35 C this weekend! So dust off your shorts and flip flops if you haven’t already, because you might need them to feel cool.
On the flipside, there’s a very good chance that the heat will be accompanied by thunderstorms on both Saturday and Sunday.
According to The Weather Network, we could get up to 5 mm of rain through Saturday and Sunday. There’s a 40 per cent chance of storms on Saturday, and a 60 per cent chance of storms on Sunday.
“Saturday will start with sunshine before afternoon showers and thunderstorms develop across the northern Golden Horseshoe and Cottage Country,” reads The Weather Network’s recent statement. “The threat for storms will then spread south later in the afternoon and evening.”
The heat is set to persist throughout the weekend, however, with temperatures feeling like 35 C on Saturday and 32 C on Sunday.
Looking forward to June, we’re expecting warmer than normal temperatures with some cooler periods in early and mid-June, according to The Weather Network.
Be prepared for heat and rain, Halton!
- This Poop-Themed Restaurant is Coming to Oakville
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Police Searching for Teen Last Seen in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Possible Impaired Driver Stopped in Gunpoint Takedown in Burlington