Extreme Weather Warning Extended for Halton
If you love a good scorcher, you might be happy to hear that the extremely hot weather is going to stick around for a little while longer.
Environment Canada recently announced that a heat warning is still in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says a hot and humid air mass is expected to remain in place today.
Maximum afternoon temperatures are expected to be near 30 degrees with humidex values near 40.
That said, some relief is on the way, as a cold front is expected to move through this afternoon.
Heat-associated risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Residents are advised to drink plenty of water and seek out cool places.
People are reminded to never leave children, vulnerable people or pets in parked vehicles.
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Two Suspects Sought Following Cheese Wheel Theft at Fortinos in Burlington
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Halton
- Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
- Another Retail Cannabis Store Could be Coming to Burlington