Extreme Weather Warning Issued for Halton
You might have thought this day would never come, but come it has.
An extreme heat warning is in effect for Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Caledon, Mississauga, and Brampton.
According to Environment Canada, temperatures are expected to reach an absolutely glorious 30+ degrees today and tomorrow with overnight lows near 20 degrees (perfect nighttime weather, if you ask us).
Environment Canada also says it's possible these high temperatures will persist into Tuesday, but should drop by the middle of the week.
While we're all hashtag blessed to be experiencing hot weather, extreme heat can be dangerous if you do not take proper precautions. Environment Canada is advising residents to drink plenty of water (even when you're not thirsty) and seek out cool places such as tree-shaded areas, air-conditioned buildings or swimming pools.
Residents are reminded to never leave children or pets in hot vehicles.
So be sure to put on lots of sunscreen, drink lots of water and have cool and shady escapes nearby as you make the most of the summer weather.
Stay healthy and enjoy!
- Three Vehicles Involved in Collision in Milton
- Man Arrested in Oakville for Carjacking, Kidnapping 96 Year Old Woman
- Oakville House of the Week: Chic and Rustic $2 Mil Bronte East Home
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water
- Popular Cafe Opens Inside Oakville Grocery Store