Face-off Against a Ghost During This Spooky Escape Room Coming Soon to Oakville
Are you looking for something spooky to get ready for Halloween in Oakville? Here’s a chance to test your skills and courage!
On Friday, October 18, the Central Branch of Oakville Public Library will transform into a vast multi-level escape room for its fundraising event, Library After Dark: The Haunting of 120 Navy Street.
The Haunting of 120 Navy Street:
According to Oakville legend, Old City Hall was haunted by spirits. Officials destroyed the hall to purge the ghosts from the building, but one escaped to nearby 120 Navy St., the current site of OPL’s Central Branch.
The library claims the spirit lay dormant, until years later when librarians started sensing an eerie chill among the stacks and noticed books were going missing. They realized the Old City Hall spirit was loose in the library, and with the help of a psychic, they created a spell to trap it. The magic worked, but it’s only active for 364 days, which means the spirit is set to awaken once again on October 18.
On this day, spell-casters must re-trap the spirit and banish it for another year. If the group cannot re-create the spell in 60 minutes, they will be locked inside the library with the spirit roaming free.
Description courtesy of Oakville Public Library
Visitors will be playing to role of spellcasters, and once the clock starts, they will have 60 minutes to solve a series of puzzles hidden throughout the library to trap a spirit that’s haunting the stacks.
So what do you need to do to join? You’ll need to take a few steps:
- Sign up for a time slot between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- One person must register their entire team. The library recommends registering as teams of four or six people, but individual players and smaller groups are also welcome.
- Tickets are $50 per person.
The event is being held in partnership with Narrow Escape.
You can sign up for a spot in the escape room here.
- Delays At Major Intersection In Burlington Due To Collision
- Man Transported To Hospital Following Reported Stabbing In Milton
- Man Charged Following Fatal Oakville Crash
- Oakville Man Charged After Being Found With Over 400 Pounds of Cannabis During Traffic Stop
- Around 93 Per Cent Of Education Workers Have Voted In Favour Of Strike
- Big Changes are Coming to This Branch of The Oakville Public Library
- Big Changes are Coming to the Oakville Public Library’s Glen Abbey Branch
- Here’s How You Can Plant Your Own Garden Courtesy of the Oakville Public Library
- New Oakville Public Library Opening In May
- Here’s When the Newest Branch of the Milton Public Library is Opening