Farmers' Market Opening in Oakville
Summer’s begun, unoffically, which obviously means town events, visits to splash pads, free movies and concerts and lots of visits to the farmers’ markets in Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills.
The town of Oakville’s Summer Cultural Connection event series returns on June 2.
This year, it’s going to extend beyond the downtown core.
You’ll find a host of activities for the whole family, outdoor games and unique pop-up events across different parks in town.
“These unique arts and cultural experiences are a great opportunity for residents to get outside, enjoy the summer weather and have fun with their family,” said Mayor Rob Burton.
Come August, you can see the wonders of Japanese origami at an outdoor event called Peace by Piece.
You can participate and create paper planes, which will be incorporated into the installation, to be unveiled on the International Day of Peace, Sept. 21.
They also have a farmers’ market, where you can shop for the freshest produce every Saturday between 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on George Street at Lakeshore Rd. The market will be hosted every Saturday until October 6.
Visit the Summer Cultural Connection page for a complete list of events.
New events will be posted once confirmed.
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect for Halton
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Here's How Much House Prices Have Fallen in Halton