FedEx Closing All Retail Stores in Canada
Massive shipping company FedEx recently announced that it plans to shutter all of its retail stores across Canada, a move that will lead to the loss of 214 jobs.
FedEx currently operates two Halton retail stores, one in Burlington (Appleby Line and New Street) and one in Oakville (Trafalgar Road and Cornwall Road).
“The decision to discontinue FedEx Office operations in Canada was difficult as we’ve enjoyed a 32-year relationship with our team members and customers in Canada,” FedEx Office confirmed in an email statement to insauga.com. “We reached the decision to exit the Canadian market after thoughtful evaluations of our business operations and considerations about our future.”
To be clear, FedEx will continue to ship to and within the country. However, all 24 retail centres will be closed in August.
“We are very appreciative of the hard work and contributions of our team members, who took care of our customers and made it possible for FedEx Office to earn its reputation as a provider of the very best in production, printing and shipping services.”
FedEx Office added that FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight “remain committed to Canada and ready to serve customers’ shipping needs.”
This decision only impacts FedEx Office Canada locations and services.
“Centre closures will begin in August and continue in the months thereafter based upon lease negotiations,” FedEx Office says.
- Toronto Universities Evacuated Following Bomb Threats
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here's When You'll be Able to Purchase Cannabis Edibles in Halton