Female Killed In Multi-Vehicle Collision In Milton
There has been a 3 vehicle crash on Highway 401 eastbound.
It occured east of Tremaine Road in Milton.
A 76-year-old female involved in the crash was found with no vital signs.
She was extricated by Milton Fire, Medics and transported by the Ornge.
One of the drivers was a 70-year-old man. He was transported by the Halton Medics to Hamilton General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
All lanes are closed at Guelph Line causing traffic delays.
More updates to come.
Lanes on Highway 401 eastbound from Highway 425 to Guelph Line are expected to be closed for hours.
Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reports that there were two people in the Honda smart car. One was the 76-year-old women who died on scene. The other was transported to the hospital.
There is significant damage to that Honda vehicle.
There were also two pickup trucks involved, which faced minor damage. The drivers sustained minor injuries and were transported to the hospital.
There is heavy delays to Highway 401 westbound.
Highway 401 eastbound will stay closed until much later than 7 p.m.
OPP and paramedics are on scene. They are investigating why and how this incident occurred.
OPP investigation complete. All eastbound lanes have been re-opened.
- Huge Lottery Ticket Win Sold in Burlington
- Bean sprouts product recalled due to possible Salmonella contamination
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- What are the key issues in the Ontario teachers’ disputes with the province?
- Province confirms new presumptive case of coronavirus