Financial assistance available for Burlington recreational programs
Published November 13, 2023 at 3:14 pm
A program offered through the City of Burlington provides financial assistance for those who want to take part in recreational activities.
Individuals or families who qualify can use the fee assistance for registered programs offered by the City and to help pay for passes and memberships.
To qualify for recreation fee assistance, you must:
- Be a resident of Burlington and provide proof of residency, such as a driver’s license, Ontario photo ID card, utility bill, property tax bill or tenant agreement.
- Have a total net individual or combined family income below the low-income cut off (LICO) and provide current official documentation that shows combined family income, such as a Notice of Assessment T451 form for adult all family members, a Canada Child Tax Benefit Notice or proof of an Ontario Disability Support Program.
- Or, be a refugee within your first year of settlement and provide proof of permanent residency and Burlington residency.
- Ukrainian newcomers and visitors with federal documentation also are eligible to apply for Recreation Fee Assistance funding. Please call 905-335-7738, ext. 8501 to leave a voice mail, or email [email protected] to start the application process.
- Non-profit community organizations focused on social services may also apply for fee assistance on behalf of their participants, for example a local women’s shelter seeking swim passes for residents.
To apply for recreation fee assistance, complete the Fee Assistance Application Form.
Allow five business days for us to process your application. You will be notified when your application has been processed.
For more information or questions about applying for fee assistance, call 905-335-7738, ext. 8501 to leave a confidential voicemail message.
Use the fee assistance calculator to help determine eligibility. The calculator will help determine whether a family is eligible to apply for the fee assistance.