Firearm and Weapon Charges Laid Against Burlington Resident
Firearm and weapon charges have been laid against a 21-year-old Burlington resident.
According to police, on Dec. 19, members of the Halton Regional Police Service Drug and Human Trafficking Unit, with help from the Halton Regional Police Tactical Rescue Unit and Burlington Uniform officers, concluded a weapons investigation in the City of Burlington.
Police say the 21-year-old Burlington resident was arrested without incident at his place of work and a Criminal Code search warrant was performed at his residence on Warwick Drive in Burlington.
According to police, three knives were seized along with a converted .22 caliber handgun and ammunition.
Nathan Lacelle-Badcock was charged with alleged unauthorized possession of a firearm, alleged knowledge of unauthorized firearm, alleged possession of prohibited firearm with ammunition, alleged breach of firearms regulation, alleged fail to comply with probation, and three counts of alleged breach of prohibition order 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing and is scheduled for court today, Dec. 20, 2018.
Investigators are reminding the public to utilize Crime Stoppers to report any illegal drug, gun or gang activity. Contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Top 5 Japanese Restaurants in Halton
- Firearm Seized During Stolen Licence Plate Investigation in Burlington
- Two Oakville Residents Charged Following Alleged Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Suspects Charged After Toronto Police Raid Oakville Home
- Burlington Trio Facing Drug Trafficking Charges
- Police Arrest Burlington Man Facing 21 Criminal Charges