Firearm Seized During Stolen Licence Plate Investigation in Burlington
A firearm was reportedly seized during an investigation into stolen licence plates in Burlington, police say.
Halton police say that on April 5, officers located a vehicle with allegedly stolen licence plates parked at the rear of an apartment on Warwick Court in Burlington.
Police say the licence plates had been reported stolen to the Hamilton Police on March 29.
Police say they continued to investigate the vehicle and were able to identify and arrest a male who approached the vehicle after a brief foot pursuit.
Police also say further investigation prompted officers to obtain and later execute a search warrant at a Warwick Court apartment. Police allege the search resulted in the seizure of an expandable baton, stun flashlight (a prohibited weapon), an Orion flare gun modified to fire .22 calibre ammunition and was loaded (prohibited firearm) and four rounds of .22 calibre ammunition.
Police say 22-year-old Hamilton man Daniel Robert MacKenzie was held for bail charged a number of offences, including possession of property obtained by crime under $5000, possession of a prohibited weapon, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, unauthorized possession of a firearm and more.
Anyone who may have any additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Phil Vandenbeukel of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2343.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Must-Have Gifts Available at MUJI in Square One This Holiday Season
- PHOTOS: Renowned Makeup Artist Makes Special Appearance at Square One
- Mississauga man arrested for waving gun while driving in Burlington
- Karahi Point, Pioneer of Traditional Karahi in Canada, Opens New Restaurant
- Firearm and Weapon Charges Laid Against Burlington Resident
- Suspects Charged After Toronto Police Raid Oakville Home
- Two Suspects Charged Following Illegal Firearms Investigation in Burlington
- Man With Suspended Licence Nabbed Driving Stolen Car in Milton
- Police Arrest Man in Allegedly Stolen Car in Milton