Flood Safety Statement Currently in Effect for Halton
The Credit Valley Conservation has issues a new safety statement for cities near Lake Ontario.
Lake Erie elevations continue to set new record highs. Flows discharging from Lake Erie via the Niagara River, over The Falls, into Lake Ontario are uncontrolled. From June 13 through August 20, the discharge out of the Moses-Saunders Dam (which controls flows discharging out of Lake Ontario into the St Lawrence River) was at a record 10,400 cubic metres per second (cms). As of August 21 the discharge was reduced to 10,110 cms to maintain safe conditions for marine traffic along the St Lawrence River.
- Flood Warning In Effect To All Cities and Towns Near Lake Ontario
- Another Flood Watch Statement Issued for Lake Ontario Shoreline
- Flood Watch in Effect for Parts of Halton
- Conservation Halton Issues Flood Watch Statement for the Lake Ontario Shoreline
- Flood Watch Statement Issued for the Lake Ontario Shoreline