For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
Breaking Bad fans all around the world are gearing up for El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, set to premiere in October — though unfortunately for us in Canada, we probably won’t get to see it on the big screen.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, El Camino will play in select theatres only in the US when it premieres on Netflix the weekend of Friday, October 11.
Set after the events of Breaking Bad, the film follows Jesse Pinkman as he escapes captivity and struggles to cope with his twisted past.
“We would have this wonderful, very limited, one-time opportunity to watch our television show on a big screen with giant stereo speakers thumping, the image filling 40 feet across,” writer and director Vince Gilligan told The Hollywood Reporter.
“I always thought, ‘This thing, it looks like a movie. It doesn’t look like a show.’ I really want to be able to share that with fans.”
The 68 cities that will play the movie in theatres include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Albuquerque.
For those of us north of the border, it looks like we’ll have to catch the movie on Netflix Canada (thankfully the same weekend).
The movie will reportedly air on AMC early next year.
Cover photo courtesy of Netflix
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with more cases appearing in Oakville
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Man dead after driving stolen vehicle into Milton pond: Halton Police
- Cineplex Offering a Free Movie Day in October
- Disappointing News for Canadian Harry Potter Fans
- Here's How You Can See a Movie For Cheap in Halton This Labour Day Weekend
- Raptor’s Games Will be Shown at Some Movie Theatres in Halton
- A Popular Netflix Movie Has Inspired a Challenge That Could Injure You