Four Suspects in Custody After Weapons Call at Halton School Lockdown
Halton Police have four suspects in custody following a weapons call at Georgetown School which lead to a lockdown.
On Thursday April 19, the Halton Regional Police Service received a call from a staff member at Georgetown District High School, a little before 3:00pm. The caller said they observed individuals in the school carrying what appeared to be guns inside the school.
The school was placed into a lockdown immediately, and for safety concerns, Holy Cross Catholic Elementary School and King Catholic Secondary School were placed in a hold and secure. The hold and secures were lifted approximately at 4:30pm.
Many police resources responded to the report at Georgetown District High School, including uniformed officers and Emergency Service Unit officers, which are the tactical response and K9 unit. This was to ensure the safety of the students and staff in the school, as well as to conduct a proper investigation into the weapons that were claimed to have been seen.
Four suspect were taken into custody as a result of the investigation. The has been no information given about the ages or identity of the individuals, or the charges they may face.
Officer worked diligently to clear students and staff outside of the school, room by room. THis was in order to ensure the safety of all individuals.
The lockdown was lifted shortly at 6:30pm.
No injuries have been reported as a result of this incident.
Halton police ask anyone with information regarding this incident to contact Detective Sergeant, Ellie Bale at 905-825-4747 ext 2415.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or on the web at:
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton
- One School in Lockdown and Another is in Hold and Secure in Georgetown
- UPDATE: Here's the Latest on School Lockdown in Milton
- UPDATE: Seven Youths in Custody Following Milton School Lockdown
- Man in custody after prompting hold and secure at Georgetown school
- Water gun leads to 3 schools on lockdown: Halton Police