Fraud investigation leads to crack, meth, fentanyl-related charges in Oakville
Arrests made by Halton Police in a fraud investigation led to drug trafficking charges in Oakville.
Overnight on March 30, police say several credit and debit cards were stolen from a vehicle parked at a residence on Queen Mary Dr.
“The stolen cards were subsequently used at multiple locations to make fraudulent purchases,” said the Halton Regional Police Service. “Investigators from the Oakville Street Crime Unit were able to identify those believed to be responsible.”
On April 30, officers arrested 43-year-old Paul Molinari of Oakville for his alleged involvement. During the arrest, officers found 7.5 grams of suspected fentanyl.
Molinari has been charged with:
- Fraudulent Use of Credit Card (five counts)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime (five counts)
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (fentanyl)
On Friday (May 1) police raided an Oakville apartment and arrested a 39-year old identified only as “Mellegers” (39) of Oakville for their alleged involvement in the fraud accusations. Investigators further seized approximately 7 grams of crack cocaine and a small quantity of methamphetamine and fentanyl.
Mellegers has been charged with:
- Fraudulent Use of Credit Card (four counts)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Failing to Comply with Probation
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (cocaine)
- Possession of a Controlled S ubstance (two counts- methamphetamine/fentanyl)
Both individuals were held for a bail hearing, according to police.
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Driver flees scene on foot after crash in Burlington
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- Conservation Halton implementing reservation system for public parks
- City of Burlington redesigns some services as province eases COVID-19 restrictions
- Two men arrested for trafficking; fentanyl, meth, cocaine seized: Halton police
- Police makes arrests in Hamilton, Mississauga, Oakville after drug trafficking investigation
- Arrests made in drug trafficking investigation: Halton Police
- Weapons, drugs, cash seized from Burlington residence in police raid
- Burlington facing several possession charges, including fentanyl and meth