Freezing Rain Causing Cancellations and Closures in Halton
If you had plans today, you might want to make sure that the recent winter weather hasn’t overridden them.
As the weather forecast for Southern Ontario continues to call for freezing rain and heavy rainfall today (Sunday, April 15), continuing until the beginning of next week, certain programs and events scheduled for today have been cancelled.
In Oakville, all recreation facilities and library locations have been closed for the day, and all programs are cancelled. Facilities are expected to reopen on Monday.
While Milton town facilities remain open, all public libraries are closed.
Burlington facilities are open and programs are running as scheduled. Residents are asked to check with the program provider if the activity is not run by the city.
Residents are reminded to stay safe during bad weather conditions and continue to look out for any weather updates and updates on further closures/cancellations.
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- Halton Chief of Police, Federal NDP leader engage in feud on social media
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Special weather statement in effect for Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Halton
- LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Halton
- Milton closing recreation and library facilities due to COVID-19
- Cancellations to Take Note of Today in Halton Feb. 13
- Get Ready for Dangerous Weather Conditions in Halton Today