Freezing Rain Expected to Hit Halton
It looks like we haven’t yet seen the worst of the bad weather in store for this weekend.
A recent weather alert from Environment Canada states that freezing rain is expected to fall, starting Sunday morning and ending later in the afternoon.
According to the full report, another round of snow will develop overnight, which will mix with ice pellets and accumulate 2-5 cm on Sunday morning before changing to freezing rain.
Rain is expected to persist for several hours before changing back to light snow Sunday afternoon.
The snow should end by Sunday evening, EC claims.
All residents are urged to be cautious when outdoors, as surfaces such as roads, walkways and parking lots will become icy and slippery.
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 150 cases confirmed in Halton