Freezing Rain Warning Officially in Effect for Halton
Your commute home could be a tough one.
Environment Canada just announced that a freezing rain warning in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says snow and ice pellets will begin late this afternoon, then change to freezing rain this evening.
Freezing rain or freezing drizzle will change to occasional rain or drizzle near midnight as temperatures rise above the zero degree mark.
Untreated surfaces may become icy and slippery and travel may be affected.
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery.
Drivers are advised to slow down while driving in slippery conditions and to keep a safe distance from other vehicles.
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with significant jump recorded in Halton
- Charges laid after non-essential Oakville business found to still be operating
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen