Freezing rain warning remains in effect for Halton
It’s officially December and the strong winter weather is in full swing.
Freezing rain continues to fall and is expected to last for a few more hours before transitioning to freezing drizzle or flurries by this afternoon.
“Several millimeters of ice accretion are possible over these regions with some areas possibly receiving a few centimetres of ice pellets mixed with snow in addition to the freezing rain,” Environment Canada reports.
Strong wind gusts of up to 70 km/h are also in effect.
Residents are urged not to travel today if possible, as the icy roads and walkways pose a serious safety risk.
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Ontario to accelerate essential construction projects amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Ford says ‘patience has run thin’ with low numbers of COVID-19 tests in Ontario