Frozen cookie dough sale a sweet fundraiser for Oakville Meals on Wheels
Published October 4, 2023 at 3:48 pm
Talk about a win-win situation. You get cookies and the money you use to pay for them goes to Oakville Meals on Wheels to help those in need in the community.
The annual Oakville Meals on Wheels Frozen Cookie Dough Drop Fundraiser is back.
Until next Friday (Oct. 13), the local charity and Terra Cotta Cookies are teaming up to provide 12 flavours of peanut and nut-free cookie dough (including two gluten free choices and a vegan option).
Each box contains 40 of the 20g “Dough Drops.”
You can store the compact boxes in your freezer and then take them out whenever you want to easily bake some warm, fresh cookies.
“Make sure you stock up because they will not last long once you taste them,” said the local meal delivery service which has been providing nutritious hot lunches and frozen entrees Monday through Friday, along with a wellness check, to ensure clients are healthy, safe, and thriving while continuing to live independently.
Cookie lovers also have another tasty option to purchase with already baked shortbread available in a lovely gift box, which make it perfect for gift giving.
Cookie Dough Drop boxes are $15 each and Shortbread Gift boxes are $10 each. No takes applied.
Here’s how you can participate in the special fundraiser:
- Simply click here and then hit the “START SHOPPING” button at the bottom of the page and fill your cart with delicious goods. Stock up your freezer!
- View your cart to ensure you have ordered accurately. You can add any items you forgot. Don’t forget a Tote Bag!
- Proceed to Checkout. Fill in all required details.
- Please be sure to enter the accurate group name upon checkout when prompted. Your group name is: OMoW.
- Enter Billing Details- An address is required to process payment securely, the cookies are not being shipped to you directly.
- Pay with a valid credit card. Make sure you agree to terms and conditions and check off that you are not a robot (unless you are a cookie eating robot!)
- Customers will get a confirmation email that your order has been received (check junk mail if you don’t see in your inbox.)
You need to order from the link provided, in order for Oakville Meals on Wheels to a get a portion of the sale. Residents are also encouraged to share the page link with family, friends, and colleagues so they can help support the Oakville Meals On Wheels campaign.
The order page will close at 4 p.m. on Oct. 13. Orders can be picked up Nov. 2 to 7 at the Oakville Meals on Wheels office at 17-760 Pacific Rd. Customers will receive an email later this month with more details around specific pickup times.
In 46 years of service, Oakville Meals on Wheels has impacted some 1,345 lives annually, served 5,000 meals and provides 8,000 annual hours of volunteer work.
inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising