Funding available for youth-led summer companies in Oakville, Burlington, Milton
Published April 13, 2023 at 3:16 pm
If you’re an enterprising young adult between the ages of 15 and 29 in Burlington, Oakville, Milton or Halton Hills, Halton Region wants to help you succeed.
The Summer Company program helps enterprising students between the ages of 15 and 29 start and run their own summer business. The Halton Region Small Business Centre coordinates the program locally, and delivers it with the support of experienced business advisors from the community.
The Summer Company program offers young entrepreneurs:
- hands-on business training and mentoring
- up to $1,500 in the spring to help with business start-up costs
- up to $1,500 upon successful completion of the program requirements
You may participate in the Summer Company program if you:
- are 15 to 29 years old (with parental authorization if you are under 18)
- are a student in high school, college or university
- are returning to school in the fall, after the program ends
- live in Ontario and are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- are not already running a business
- are not working at another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program
An information session about the program is being held Wednesday, April 19, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. To register, email [email protected].
Spaces are limited. For more information or to register, visit the Region website.inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising