Gas Line Ruptures in Georgetown
Police and fire were on scene at a gas line rupture in Georgetown on Saturday morning.
Just before noon on Saturday June 16, 2018, Halton police reported a gas line had ruptured at a new restaurant under construction on Main St. in Georgetown.
Police say the Georgetown Farmer’s Market was impacted.
According to police, a two-inch exterior gas line was severed by construction equipment. Occupants of three residential buildings were evacuated as a precaution.
Union Gas capped the leak and police are clearing the scene as of just before 1:30 p.m.
- House of the Week: $1 Mil Milton Home with Gorgeous Salt Water Pool
- Cineplex CEO Stands By Decision To Screen Pro-Life Film 'Unplanned'
- Metrolinx Working to Improve the Commute for Some Halton Residents
- Suspect Arrested After Packages Stolen from Front Doors of Burlington Residences
- This Pub is Now Open in Burlington
- Police Responding to Reports of Gas Leak at Toronto Premium Outlets in Halton Hills
- Police Are on Scene of a Crash in Georgetown
- Transformer Fire Impacting Georgetown Residents and Toronto Premium Outlets
- Robbery Prompting Heavy Police Presence in Georgetown
- Police Investigate Spike in Vehicle Thefts in Georgetown