Georgetown Man Charged in Theft Case
A Georgetown man is facing charges in connection with a theft case.
The incident took place on Jan. 4.
A suspect entered an unlocked vehicle, parked on Cleaveholm Dr. in Georgetown, stealing property, police allege.
A nearby security camera caught the suspect in the act and the man was arrested on Jan. 21.
Bailey Collins, 21, is charged with theft under, failing to comply with a sentence or disposition order, and three counts of failing to comply with a probation order.
He was held for bail.
The vast majority of thefts from cars involve vehicles which are left unlocked, say police.
They’re reminding the public to: park in a secure garage, remove valuables from your car, lock your doors, and if you must park outside, go to a well-lit area.
- Georgetown Man Charged in Downtown Break-In Spree
- Suspect Facing Charges Following A Series of Vehicle Thefts in Georgetown
- Man Arrested for Thefts Targeting Unlocked Vehicles in Burlington
- Teens Arrested After Thefts from Vehicles in Burlington
- Police Arrest Male Following Alleged Theft From Auto Spree