Georgetown Music Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault
A 73-year-old man who reportedly taught music and singing lessons is facing sexual assault charges, police say.
Halton Police say that as a result of an investigation conducted by the force's Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit, Arthur “Dale” Wood of Markdale was arrested March 27.
He has been charged with three counts of sexual assault and one count of sexual interference.
Police say the accused was a singing/music instructor throughout the 1980s and '90s and offered private lessons from his Georgetown residence. He also visited his clients’ homes.
Police say that, during the initial investigation, a second victim contacted police and disclosed a similar sexual assault. Additional charges have been laid as a result.
The accused was held for a bail hearing.
Anyone who may have any additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Det. Joe Barr (905-465-8969) or D/Sgt Chris Newcombe (905-465-8965) of the Halton Regional Police Service Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Burlington transit users will be asked for name, phone number as services resume
- Black Lives Matter mural to be painted in front of Burlington City Hall
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Police find 35 bottles of meth at Burlington residence
- Another Sex Assault Charge Laid Against Georgetown Music Teacher
- Former Burlington Babysitter Charged With Sexual Assault
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Milton
- A Burlington Taxi Driver Has Been Charged Following Alleged Sexual Assault
- Milton Man Arrested in Sexual Assault Investigation