Georgetown Music Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault
A 73-year-old man who reportedly taught music and singing lessons is facing sexual assault charges, police say.
Halton Police say that as a result of an investigation conducted by the force’s Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit, Arthur “Dale” Wood of Markdale was arrested March 27.
He has been charged with three counts of sexual assault and one count of sexual interference.
Police say the accused was a singing/music instructor throughout the 1980s and ’90s and offered private lessons from his Georgetown residence. He also visited his clients’ homes.
Police say that, during the initial investigation, a second victim contacted police and disclosed a similar sexual assault. Additional charges have been laid as a result.
The accused was held for a bail hearing.
Anyone who may have any additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Det. Joe Barr (905-465-8969) or D/Sgt Chris Newcombe (905-465-8965) of the Halton Regional Police Service Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Motorcyclist Pronounced Dead After Serious Crash in Burlington
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- This Burlington Restaurant Was Named One of Canada’s Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants
- Another Sex Assault Charge Laid Against Georgetown Music Teacher
- Former Burlington Babysitter Charged With Sexual Assault
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Milton
- Milton Man Arrested in Sexual Assault Investigation
- A Burlington Taxi Driver Has Been Charged Following Alleged Sexual Assault