Get Ready for Dangerous Weather Conditions in Halton Today
Some dangerous weather conditions are expected for Halton today (Jan. 23).
According to Environment Canada, the entire region could see some snow and a brief period of freezing rain.
The freezing rain is expected to change to rain by this afternoon, however, strong and gusty winds will carry on into the evening.
A brief thaw with rain and strong southwest winds reaching up to 70 km/h is also expected this afternoon and will carry on into the evening.
Colder air will return tonight.
A Colorado low is predicted track northeast across Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, resulting in a dramatic change in weather.
Snow, as mentioned, will become mixed with or change over to freezing rain early this morning.
Poor travelling conditions are expected as roads may become icy and slippery.
There have been no reports regarding Halton school closures, however, bus delays are to be expected.
Parents and students can check for delays by visiting https://www.haltonbus.ca
Stay safe out there today Halton.
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect for Halton
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court