Get Ready for Extremely Cold Temperatures in Halton Today
It’s going to be extremely cold throughout Halton today (Jan. 30).
So cold that Environment Canada has already issued an extreme cold warning.
According to Environment Canada, an extended period of very cold wind chills is expected. The Halton Region will see temperatures (including wind chill) near minus 30 today due to frigid artic air mass and strong winds.
The Environment Canada website notes that conditions should improve by Friday once some milder air moves into the region.
For now, people are encouraged to cover up to prevent frostbite which can develop within minutes on exposed skin.
Stay warm today, Halton.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- Police Searching For Missing Man Last Seen in Oakville
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- UPDATE: Police Searching For Two Suspects Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Police Investigating Industrial Incident in Oakville