Get Ready for Extremely Cold Temperatures in Halton Today
It’s going to be extremely cold throughout Halton today (Jan. 30).
So cold that Environment Canada has already issued an extreme cold warning.
According to Environment Canada, an extended period of very cold wind chills is expected. The Halton Region will see temperatures (including wind chill) near minus 30 today due to frigid artic air mass and strong winds.
The Environment Canada website notes that conditions should improve by Friday once some milder air moves into the region.
For now, people are encouraged to cover up to prevent frostbite which can develop within minutes on exposed skin.
Stay warm today, Halton.
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- Power Outage Affecting Oakville Residents This Morning
- Five Catholic Schools in Halton Will Have Different Start and End Times Come September
- New Waterfront Restaurant with Patio Now Open in Oakville
- Privacy Concerns Rise About Government's New Metrolinx Station Program