Get Ready for Extremely Cold Temperatures in Halton Today
It's going to be extremely cold throughout Halton today (Jan. 30).
So cold that Environment Canada has already issued an extreme cold warning.
According to Environment Canada, an extended period of very cold wind chills is expected. The Halton Region will see temperatures (including wind chill) near minus 30 today due to frigid artic air mass and strong winds.
The Environment Canada website notes that conditions should improve by Friday once some milder air moves into the region.
For now, people are encouraged to cover up to prevent frostbite which can develop within minutes on exposed skin.
Stay warm today, Halton.
- PHOTOS: Three people arrested after vehicle strikes police cruiser in Burlington parking lot
- Vote: Which sculpture should Burlington go with?
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Here's how much car insurance rates will be increasing in 2020
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport