Glassdoor Reveals Canada's Top CEOs
Glassdoor, one of the largest job and recruiting sites announced winners of its annual Employees' Choice Awards.
These awards are quite unique, as they're based on the input of employees who voluntarily provide anonymous feedback by completing a company review about their CEO's leadership.
In Canada, Glassdoor has revealed 25 Top CEOs at employers with 1,000 or more employees.
The top 10 CEOs in 2018 in Canada are:
- Salesforce’s Marc Benioff (99 percent approval)
- Brookfield Renewable’s Sachin Shah (99 percent approval)
- Randstad’s Marc-Etienne Julien (99 percent approval)
- SAP’s Bill McDermott (99 percent approval)
- Ubisoft’s Yves Guillemot (98 percent approval)
- KPMG’s Lynne Doughtie (98 percent approval)
- Microsoft’s Satya Nadella (98 percent approval)
- PointClickCare’s Mike Wessinger (98 percent approval)
- CPP Investment Board’s Mark Machin (98 percent approval)
- PURE Canadian Gaming’s George Goldhoff (97 percent approval)
The Canada list features chief executives across technology, finance, insurance, gaming and other industries. Salesforce's Marc Benioff is in first place, but previously ranked fourth in 2017. Brookfield Renewable's Sachin Shah is among 14 CEOs debuting on the list. And, one woman CEO, KPMG's Lynne Doughtie is on the list too.
Fifteen CEOs have been recognized by employees in multiple countries. Microsoft's Satya Nadella is the only CEO to have made it to five lists - U.S., U.K., Canada, France, Germany. While SAP's Bill McDermott has made it to four lists - U.S., U.K., Canada and Germany.
Three CEOs on the Canadian list have also appeared on other's. Salesforce's Marc Benioff made it to U.S., Canada and U.K. list. KPMG's Lynne Doughtie is on U.S., Canada and France lists and Apple's Tim Cook is on the U.S., Canada and U.K. lists.
When employees are asked to submit reviews about their employer, they are asked to rate several factors of their employment experience. This includes sentiment around their CEO's leadership and rating workplace aspects like senior management.
When rating their CEO, employees are asked to report whether they approve, disapprove or are neutral about their CEO's performance.
Over 770,000 employees wrote reviews on Glassdoor and among them, the average CEO approval rating is 69 per cent.
The winners are determined using an algorithm, taking into account the quantity, quality and consistency of Glassdoor-approved company reviews. Employers considered for the list must have at least 25 company reviews, 25 CEO approval ratings and at least 25 senior management ratings during the eligibility period: May 2, 2017 to May 1, 2018.
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- A Big Change is on its Way to Starbucks Locations in Halton
- Part of QEW in Oakville Blocked Following Vehicle Fire
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Highway Lanes Blocked Due to Vehicle Fire in Burlington