GO Train Service in Oakville and Burlington Halted After Person Struck and Killed
One person is dead after being struck by a GO train along the Lakeshore West line in Mississauga on Saturday morning, halting service for riders in Oakville and Burlington.
The incident took place near the Port Credit GO station during the Paint the Town Red Canada Day festivities.
Emergency crews were sent to Queen St. E. and Woodlawn Ave., near Lakeshore Rd. E. east of Hurontario St. around 11 a.m.
Peel police are working to find out why it happened.
Those heading to the Blue Jays-Red Sox game for 1 p.m. may want to make alternate arrangements.
UPDATE: Service resumed around 12:30 p.m.
- UPDATE: Police Explosives Disposal Unit on Scene in Oakville
- Popular Clothing Store Gets its First North American Outlet in Halton Hills
- Some Facebook Users are Experiencing Major Difficulties
- Toronto Premium Outlets’ First Full-Service Restaurant Has Arrived
- Collision on the QEW in Oakville Causing Delays