GO Train Service in Oakville and Burlington Halted After Person Struck and Killed
One person is dead after being struck by a GO train along the Lakeshore West line in Mississauga on Saturday morning, halting service for riders in Oakville and Burlington.
The incident took place near the Port Credit GO station during the Paint the Town Red Canada Day festivities.
Emergency crews were sent to Queen St. E. and Woodlawn Ave., near Lakeshore Rd. E. east of Hurontario St. around 11 a.m.
Peel police are working to find out why it happened.
Those heading to the Blue Jays-Red Sox game for 1 p.m. may want to make alternate arrangements.
UPDATE: Service resumed around 12:30 p.m.
- GO Train Halts Service After Person Struck in Oakville
- Pedestrian Struck by GO Train Halts Service in Burlington and Oakville
- Milton GO Train Service Suspended After Person Struck by Train
- GO Train Service Suspended After Pedestrian Struck in Oakville
- Police ID Man Struck and Killed by GO Train in Milton