GO Train Service Suspended After Pedestrian Struck in Oakville
Train service along the Lakeshore West GO line is currently suspended pending a police investigation.
A pedestrian was struck by the train near Fourth Line and Speers Road in Oakville and is likely deceased, according to a spokesperson from Metrolinx.
GO service will continue from Union to Oakville, and buses will shuttle passengers to their destination west of Oakville GO station.
More updates to follow.
Police have confirmed that the victim, an adult female, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. Officers are in the process of notifying next of kin.
Police have completed their investigation at the scene. The scene has been cleared and the tracks were re-opened.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- A New Restaurant and Bar is Now Open in Milton
- Suspect Sought After More Than $700 Worth of Clothing Stolen From Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Milton GO Train Service Suspended After Person Struck by Train
- Pedestrian Struck by GO Train Halts Service in Burlington and Oakville
- Halton Police on Scene Following Pedestrian Allegedly Being Struck by Train
- Pedestrian Struck by Train in Burlington, Pronounced Dead
- Lakeshore West GO Train Service Will be Temporarily Reduced