GO Train Service Suspended After Pedestrian Struck in Oakville
Train service along the Lakeshore West GO line is currently suspended pending a police investigation.
A pedestrian was struck by the train near Fourth Line and Speers Road in Oakville and is likely deceased, according to a spokesperson from Metrolinx.
GO service will continue from Union to Oakville, and buses will shuttle passengers to their destination west of Oakville GO station.
More updates to follow.
Police have confirmed that the victim, an adult female, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. Officers are in the process of notifying next of kin.
Police have completed their investigation at the scene. The scene has been cleared and the tracks were re-opened.
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Oakville Superstore Incident
- Major International Retailer Files for Bankruptcy in Canada
- Body Discovered in Lake Ontario in Burlington
- UNSOLVED MURDERS: Sean Conrado Anderson was Found in Milton
- You Might be Required to Undergo This Test When Pulled Over in Halton
- Milton GO Train Service Suspended After Person Struck by Train
- Pedestrian Struck by GO Train Halts Service in Burlington and Oakville
- Halton Police on Scene Following Pedestrian Allegedly Being Struck by Train
- Pedestrian Struck by Train in Burlington, Pronounced Dead
- GO Train Service in Oakville and Burlington Halted After Person Struck and Killed