GO Transit Now Offering New Train Service to Niagara Falls
GO Transit is rolling out a new train service that may be a huge benefit to certain regular commuters.
Starting today (Monday, January 7), people travelling between Toronto’s Union Station and Niagara Falls will benefit from a new morning trip with an evening return every weekday.
According to a government news release, the morning train that currently starts from West Harbour station in Hamilton at 6:39 a.m. will now start in Niagara Falls at 5:19 a.m., stopping at St. Catharines before continuing on to Toronto.
In the evening, the existing train from Union Station at 5:15 p.m. to West Harbour will continue on to serve St. Catharines and Niagara Falls.
The announcement of the new service was made on December 14 at the GO Transit Rail Station in St. Catharines.
“Our government is keeping our promise to get people moving and make life better for everyone in Ontario by expanding GO train service to Niagara Falls,” said Jeff Yurek, Minister of Transportation.
“We are working with our railway partner, CN, to use the existing rail infrastructure to expand GO Transit service for people in Niagara Falls and St. Catharines four years sooner than promised.”
For more information regarding GO Transit service changes, click here.
- Police Stop Driver Taking Selfies Behind the Wheel in Oakville
- Big Changes Planned for These Highways in Halton
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: May 12 – 18
- All Lanes Closed On Highway 401 In Halton Due To Collision
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Ontario Government Makes Some Changes to GO Train Service in GTA
- Changes Coming to GO Transit Service in Oakville and Burlington
- Big Changes Coming to GO Train Service in Ontario
- Huge Changes Coming to GO Train Service in Halton and Surrounding Cities
- BREAKING: This GO Train Service is Returning to Halton