GoFundMe Page Set Up for Victim of Fatal Shooting in Burlington
An online fundraiser has been set up after a recent shooting in Burlington left a woman dead.
Shortly after 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 21, police received a call from within a residence at 2244 No. 2 Side Road regarding a shooting at that location.
A female victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
She was identified as 57 year old Laura Grant, a Mississauga Central Ambulance Communication Centre dispatcher.
On August 22, police reported that they had arrested Burlington resident Kenneth Soederhuysen, 57. He is charged with first degree murder.
Members of Grant’s team set up a GoFundMe page on August 23 in memory of Grant and in an effort to provide funds to Grant’s granddaughter, Zoe.
“Anyone who knew Laura, knew that the most important person in her life was her beautiful granddaughter,” the fundraiser states. “Laura did everything she could to help raise and support Zoe in any way possible.”
At this time, 128 donors have raised more than $8,000, almost a third of the GoFundMe’s $25,000 goal.
The money will reportedly be put towards an education or trust fund for Zoe.
Police are continuing to investigate the shooting and have asked anyone with further information to contact them at 905-825-4776.
Cover photo via GoFundMe
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire causing highway delays in Oakville
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election