Government creates new dental care program for seniors in Halton
Ontario is launching a dental program for low-income seniors that will provide routine dental care for free.
Every year in Ontario, gum disease, infections, and chronic pain--all preventable issues--cause more than 60,000 residents to seek emergency treatment, and many of them are seniors.
Additionally, many low-income seniors don’t receive regular dental care because they simply can’t afford it--which can negatively impact their health and their overall well-being.
To combat this, the provincial government is investing $90 million annually for the new Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (OSDCP), which will provide eligible, low-income seniors across the province with routine dental care.
“With this program, we are making sure Ontario’s low-income seniors can age with dignity and enjoy the quality of life they deserve,” Premier Doug Ford said in a news release.
“This is another concrete way our government is delivering on our commitment to end hallway health care and cut hospital wait times,” he continued.
Ontario residents who are ages 65 or older, and have an annual salary of $19,300 if they live on their own, or $32,300 if they’re part of a couple, will be eligible for the program.
“The well-being of all Ontario’s seniors is a top priority for this government,” Raymond Cho, Minister for Seniors and Accessibility, said in the same news release.
“This new dental care program will help eligible seniors receive the quality dental care they deserve. By keeping seniors healthy, we can also help seniors avoid emergency visits to the hospital, prevent chronic diseases, and increase quality of life for seniors across the province,” Cho continued.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Burlington restaurant named top 100 in Canada
- Police concerned about missing woman from Burlington
- New airline regulations mandate compensation for Canadians
- Provincial Government Announces New Dental Care Program for Seniors in Ontario
- NDP Pledges to Make Dental Care More Affordable
- Here's How the Ontario Government is Supporting Seniors and Caregivers
- Ontario NDP Promises Free Dental Care If They Win Election
- Provincial Government Considering New Strategies to Support Seniors in Halton