GTA Gas Stations Will Soon Have Healthier Food Options
Gas stations usually are loaded with chips, candy and pop.
And there's nothing worse than filling up on junk when you're hangry.
If only gas stations would have a salad bar and fresh juices.
Shell Canada and Freshii are partnering up to provide healthier meal, snack and juice options.
Select locations are expected to carry bistro box meals, green juices and healthy snacks.
Beginning June 2018, just in time for the summer, 25 Shell sites across the GTA will have over 20 on-the-go menu items from Freshii.
"Partnering with Freshii allows us to provide healthy and convenient choices to customers on- the-go that may not otherwise have time in their day to fit in a healthy meal," said Shell Canada retail general manager Andrea Brecka.
What will be in store? Perhaps quinoa salad, soups, wraps and burritos … or should we expect more of Freshii's meal boxes?
While it's not clear what the exact menu might be, the idea of eating healthy despite being on the go is quite comforting.
In addition, three flagship locations are going to have a full Freshii restaurant experience. We hope this means you'll be able to get a customized bowl, wrap or burrito.
Keeping up with the boom of online ordering, if you're near a Shell gas station that has Freshii items, you'll also be able to order from your phone or have it delivered.
Shell's location finder on their website will allow customers to check which gas stations provide Freshii items.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Burlington transit users will be asked for name, phone number as services resume
- Black Lives Matter mural to be painted in front of Burlington City Hall
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Canadian man who was set to be deported from U.S. gets COVID in custody, dies
- Popular Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Burlington Mall
- Here's How Shell Canada Will Reward You For Your Acts Of Kindness
- Commuters Will Be Able to Order Groceries Online and Pick Up at GO Stations
- Big Changes Coming to a Popular McDonald's Meal
- Top 5 Healthy Smoothie Joints in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton