GTA Train Delays Expected Until December
We’ve all done it.
VIA Rail is informing its customers that its trains travelling in Southwestern Ontario -through Oakville- will be redirected and could be delayed up to 30 minutes.
Over certain weekends between now and mid-December, major infrastructure work on a portion of the railway in the Mimico area of west Toronto will be performed by the host railway.
This infrastructure work will mostly affect passengers on westbound trains:
- Between Toronto, Oakville, London, Windsor: #81, 71, 73, 75, 79
- Between Toronto and Niagara Falls: #97
Passengers whose destination is Toronto on the following Eastbound trains will also be impacted:
- Between Windsor, London, Oakville and Toronto: #80, 70, 72, 76, 78
- Between Niagara Falls and Toronto: #98
Work Block | Planned Weekends:
- September 8/9
- September 15/16
- September 22/23
- September 29/30
- October 13/14
- October 20/21
- October 27/28
- November 24/25
- December 1/2
Trains travelling between Toronto, Kitchener, London and Sarnia (#84, 85, 87 and 88) are not affected.
“VIA Rail regrets any inconvenience that this situation may cause,” reads a news release.
“We are communicating with customers who have reservations on the impacted train.”
Customers wishing to get a refund at no additional charge or change their date of travel may do so by calling VIA Customer Center at 1-888-VIA-RAIL (1-888 842-7245), TTY 800-268-9503 (deaf or hard of hearing).
- VIA Rail Adds More Trips Between Toronto and Ottawa
- VIA Rail Has Ridiculously Cheap Trains to Montreal in December
- Here's How Much the Province is Spending on the Massive High Speed Rail Project
- Major Disruptions Coming to GO Train Service in Oakville and Burlington
- Huge High Speed Rail Project for Ontario Moves Forward