Gum and Baby Formula Shoplifting Suspects Sought in Burlington
A pair of suspects are being sought by Halton police in connection with the theft of items - ranging from gum to baby formula - in Burlington.
“I’m sure it’s being resold," said Const. Naresh Dabas from the District Response Unit which is focusing on retail crime as Halton police are cracking down on shoplifting across the region.
“There’s a reason” it’s being stolen, he added.
The first incident involving the suspects was on June 28 at Giant Tiger at 2025 Guelph Line around 8:30 a.m.
“They selected a double-sized airbed,” said Dabas, adding the air mattress was hidden in a bag that the woman was carrying.
Next up, gum.
The man picked up 30 packs of gum, “concealed it in his jacket and left the store without making an attempts to pay,” said Dabas.
The items are valued at $119.10.
The second incident was on Sept. 6 at Food Basics at 5353 Lakeshore Rd. around 9:40 p.m.
“First they went to the chewing gum rack again,” said Dabas, adding the woman “took multiple packs” and placed them in her purse.
Baby formula was second on the list for the suspects.
They went to the baby aisle and took an unknown amount of formula, police allege.
“They must have brought a large bag to conceal it in,” said Dabas.
Food Basics items are valued at $240.
“To me, they know what they’re doing when they go in,” said Dabas.
“So it’s organized retail crime.”
The female is white, in her late 50s, standing 5-foot-8 with a medium build, weighing 140 pounds. She had long, blond hair in a ponytail, and was carrying a large shoulder bag.
The male suspect is black in his mid 60s, standing six-feet, weighing 180 pounds.
He was wearing a dark hat, black trench coat, white shirt, multicoloured tie, and black pants.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-825-4747 ext. 2351 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
Images courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Man charged with break and enter while family was sleeping: Halton Police
- Police Seek Suspected Baby Formula Thieves in Oakville
- Suspect Sought After Baby Formula Stolen From Superstore in Georgetown
- Police Seek SportChek Shoplifting Suspects in Burlington
- Police Seek Walmart Shoplifting Suspects in Burlington
- Sephora Shoplifting Suspects Sought in Oakville and Burlington