Halton Crime Stoppers Working to Combat Fentanyl in the Region
Halton Crime Stoppers are working to combat Fentanyl in the region.
According to a recent press release, Crime Stoppers of Halton, along with Halton Police, is targeting the dangerous and increasingly widespread trafficking and dealing of Fentanyl and other opioids.
“Fentanyl and related opioids are becoming ever more common in Halton Region and that raises concern for the safety of our communities,” Constable Nadine Clarke, police coordinator at Halton Crime Stoppers, said in a statement. “Every tip from the public is investigated and every dose of Fentanyl taken off our streets is a life potentially saved”.
Currently, Halton Crime Stoppers offers rewards of up to $2,000 for valid tips that lead to an arrest, and all tips are 100 per cent anonymous.
Anyone with information on the trafficking or dealing of Fentanyl and related drugs in the Halton Region are asked to contact Halton Crime Stoppers either by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or online at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Police investigating theft of Canadian Tire in Burlington
- Burlington mayor issues statement after concerns raised around Millcroft Golf Course
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police
- Top 5 places to get chocolate in Burlington
- Oakville youth arrested for "swatting" incidents
- Crime Stoppers of Halton Working to Combat Identity Theft
- Halton Crime Stoppers Warning Residents About Illegal Cigarettes
- Crime Stoppers is getting a financial boost from the province
- Oakville Man Accused of Manslaughter in Fentanyl Overdose Death
- Woman charged with trafficking fentanyl in Milton courthouse