Halton Hills allowing taxpayers to defer payments without penalty until June 30
The Town of Halton Hills has announced it will be offering temporary relief for taxpayers by removing all penalties and fees for those who need to defer payment.
The grace period will run from April 1 to June 30.
Those who have set up preauthorized tax payments will have the option to stay with the current terms or cancel the payment by emailing the taxdepartment [at] haltonhills [dot] ca (tax department) or calling them at 905-873-2600 before 4:30 p.m. April 15, 2020.
"These are unusual and challenging times and I am pleased to offer this bit of good news for our residents and business," Mayor Rick Bonnette said in a news release.
"I know that there are a lot of people concerned about job security and finances. The temporary tax relief measure is one way we can support our community to get through this difficult time,” he continued.
Additionally, the Region of Halton has extended the payment due date for municipalities from April 30 to June 30, as well as lowered the industrial tax ratio for businesses.
"The Region's payment extension gives us the ability to better manage our cash flow," Brent Marshall, Chief Administrative Officer, said in the same release.
"As well, the deferral gives us the opportunity to pass this along to our residents and businesses to support them now through this crisis and later during the economic recovery period,” he continued.
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 131 in Halton
- Province issues another emergency alert in response to COVID-19
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Town of Milton offers temporary tax relief amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Burlington city council considering tax relief for businesses and residents
- Burlington considering tax relief for businesses and residents
- Halton Hills waving fees for municipal parking lot permits
- New Payment Option Coming Soon to Costco Online