Halton Hills cancels all Town-run summer programs
In order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Town of Halton Hills has announced it will be cancelling all summer programming.
The decision was made in adherence to Provincial and public health directives, and as a result, all Town-run programs from June 29 to September 4 have been cancelled.
The cancelled activities include summer camps, recreation and aquatic programs and public swimming and skating as offered in the Town Spring/Summer 2020 Community and Activity Guide.
Further, the Town will be reaching out to those who had signed up for said programs to inform them of the cancelation, and provide information regarding how the can receive a refund.
"It's very unfortunate but we really don't have a choice. The safety of our community has to come first." Mayor Rick Bonnette said in a news release. "To program registrants, I ask for your patience as staff processes the high volume of refunds in the coming weeks."
However, the Town is working on providing alternative summer programs for residents that can be performed while practicing physical distancing and following health protocols.
Starting June 29, virtual programs will be available online that will feature daily activities for children ages 4-12.
These activities will focus on physical activity, healthy choices, creativity, exploration and appreciation, and more information regarding how parents can participate will be available June 15.
"These are unusual times but I am very proud of how staff has adapted to provide supports and services to the community while respecting COVID-19 physical distancing requirements," Brent Marshall, chief administrative officer, said in the same release.
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Watershed outlook and weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Halton
- Man arrested for hate-motivated assault in Oakville
- Oakville man charged with aggravated assault after spitting in officer's face
- Halton Hills officially cancels town-run summer programs for 2020
- Halton Hills cancels all recreational programs until June 22
- Oakville offering modified summer camp programs
- City of Burlington cancels all summer programs amid COVID-19 pandemic
- City of Burlington cancels all programs through June amid COVID-19 outbreak