Halton Hills Hydro Customers Targeted by Rebate Scam
If you’re a Halton Hills Hydro customer, there’s a scam you may want to be aware of.
Halton Hills Hydro customers are being targeted by a rebate scam.
According to a recent news release, Halton Hills Hydro has had a number of reports from customers being targeted by a new type of scam.
Customers receive a phone call from someone stating they are from the “Ontario Rebate and Reward Association”.
The scammer claims that the customer is eligible for some sort of rebate program and they need access to the customer’s home in order to verify this.
The caller typically insinuates that Halton Hills Hydro provided a notification through a letter in their bill.
Halton Hills Hydro is advising customers that the Ontario Rebate and Reward Association does not exist and that the company has not issued any such notices to customers.
Some of the scammers are referencing are actual provincial programs, but these programs do not require a visit to your home.
If you have any questions about your account, please call the Halton Hills Hydro office at 519-853-3701.
If you receive a fraudulent phone call or text, you can report the scam to the police or to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or info [at] antifraudcentre [dot] ca.
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Halton
- New Waterfront Restaurant with Patio Now Open in Oakville
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- Five Catholic Schools in Halton Will Have Different Start and End Times Come September
- Company Preparing for Massive $28 Million Expansion in Burlington
- Halton Hills Hydro Warning Residents About Active Phone Scam
- Halton Hills Hydro Works With Fire Services After Power Outage Causes Electrical Fires
- Residents Warned of New Scam in Oakville
- SCAM ALERT: Oakville Residents Warned of Fraudsters
- Planned Power Outage will Impact Some Halton Hills Residents Soon