Halton Hills residents asked for input about future of Georgetown GO Station area
Published October 11, 2023 at 1:59 pm
There’s still time to register for the Town of Halton Hills’s upcoming open house regarding the future of the area around the Georgetown GO Station.
The in-person meeting will be held Wednesday, Oct. 18, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Mold-Masters SportsPlex Complex Arena (Alcott Room), located at 221 Guelph St.
This event will include a presentation from the project team as well as an opportunity for the public to ask questions and provide feedback about the Georgetown GO Station Area/Mill Street Corridor Secondary Plan Review.
The purpose of the public open house is to:
- Provide an overview of the project purpose, schedule, and work completed, to date
- Share “what we’ve heard” to-date, to help inform the project
- Provide background information on how the draft preferred option was determined
- Seek feedback on the draft preferred option
- Discuss next steps and how to stay involved in the project
Doors will open at 6 p.m. and Town staff opening remarks, presentation from project consultants will start at 6:30 p.m. That will be followed by a question-and-answer session for the public.
At 7:30 p.m. there will be workshop activity, where local residents will have an opportunity to provide feedback on the preliminary preferred land use plan.
To register for the meeting, visit here.inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising