Halton Hills wants roster of artists available for upcoming installations
The Town of Halton Hills is creating an roster of artists, both individual and teams, for future public art utility box projects.
Artists will be kept on the roster for three years and will be informed of future opportunities, which could include direct commissioning of work or invitations to participate in calls for proposals.
The artists will be part of Under Wraps, which involves vinyl wrapping of utility boxes.
The Public Art Advisory Board will assess the submissions, looking at:
- Artistic merit, including quality of work, originality, and artistic excellence in the field of contemporary art
- Readability of the artwork when transferred to the intended 3D surface and adherence to the technical requirements
- Qualifications and professional experience of the artist(s), specifically the ability to meet the technical requirements as specified in the call and execute a project of this scale within the budget, timeline and criteria developed
Artist applications should include:
- A letter of interest and CV
- Link to the artist’s website and/or social media accounts used for artistic work
- Up to five images of past work including a brief description of the artwork/project, and installation site
Accommodations are available for all parts of the application process. Please advise the Public Art staff of any measures you feel you need to enable your application to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
The Town encourages a diversity of applicants, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, socioeconomic status, class, and religion.
For more information or to fill out an application, visit the Town website.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising