Halton Hills waving fees for municipal parking lot permits
Effective immediately, Halton Hills will be waving the fees for monthly municipal parking lot permits.
This grace period will remain in effect until the Town lifts the State of Emergency.
Additionally, the Town will be contacting permit holders to advise them of the fee waiver.
"During these unusual and challenging times, we are happy to make working from home or self-isolation easier for the community,” Brent Marshall, CAO for Halton Hills, said in a news release.
“We all need to work together, and waiving these fees will make it more convenient for everyone,” he continued.
Further, the decision is in line with actions other municipalities in Halton have taken to combat the spread of COVID-19, which include suspending paid parking enforcement, waiving parking fees, and eliminating street parking exemptions.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- CPA Canada hit by cyberattack, affecting data of more than 329,000 stakeholders
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington