Halton Man Dead in Hwy. 400 Crash
A 28-year-old Halton man is dead following a crash on Hwy. 400.
Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were sent to a single-vehicle crash on Aug. 5 after 5 p.m.
It was along the southbound shoulder of Hwy. 400 just north of the Fesserton Side Road in Tay Township.
That’s about 40 minutes north of Barrie.
First responders found the man alone in his vehicle.
Christopher Violo, of Halton Hills, died at the scene of the crash, say police.
Members of the OPP’s traffic collision investigation unit attended the scene, which closed southbound lanes of Highway 400 until 9:37 p.m. the same night.
- New Italian Restaurant Coming to Oakville
- 15-Year-Old Boy Caught Riding Mini-Motorcycle on Sidewalk in Burlington
- Here’s What’s Happening with Burlington’s Waterfront Park
- Here's How the Canadian Government Plans to Support New and Future Retirees
- Crews Working to Restore Power Following an Outage in Oakville