Halton man wins Lotto Max Encore after buying ticket in Burlington
Timothy Baker of Campbellville. Timothy matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the Feb. 14 Lotto Max draw to win $100,000.
“I had to scan it a few times to make sure it was true,” shared Timothy, while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to collect his cheque.
The 63-year old retiree called his girlfriend and brothers as soon as he learned about his big win. “Not that they believed me when I told them,” Timothy laughed.
Timothy plans to pay his mortgage and buy something nice for his girlfriend. “I can sit back and relax because all my bills are paid now,” he smiled.
“I don’t know that anyone can appreciate how this feels until it happens to them,” he concluded.
The winning ticket was purchased at Esso on Guelph Line in Burlington.
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
- Burlington council votes to eliminate income tax penalties amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 160 total cases confirmed in Halton